Sunday, 8 August 2010
Kunsthaus Wien is both a remarkable and totally functional building.
Originally a furniture factory belonging to the Thonet Brothers, and built in 1892, this building was converted into a place of permanent exhibition for the paintings and Works of Fredensreich Hundertwasser between 1989 and 1991.
Upon completion of refurbishing this building, and to the present day, the first two floors of Kunsthaus Wien are used as museum space for exhibiting Hundertwasser's Work.
The third and fourth floor exhibition spaces are used for displaying Work, on a temporary basis, from artists around the world who hold International Stature.
It was within the spaces of these two upper floors of Kunsthaus Wien that this latest Retrospective of HR Giger's Work was being held.